07 June 2008

Jim Ogsbury for Congress

Today, after almost a full year of no politics beyond classwork and debates with friends, I got back into it by helping for a few hours at a phone bank for Jim Ogsbury, a candidate for CD-5 in Arizona against Harry Mitchell, a Democrat who hasn't done jack for Tempe, Scottsdale, Phoenix, and Fountain Hills, among others. Jim himself was also there answering constituent questions and helping make calls, and I got to chat with him for a bit. He seems like a very realistic, down-to-earth guy, and I think he would do a wonderful job as a Congressman in the district. Unfortunately, I don't get to vote for him because I reside in CD-6 with Jeff Flake, but I am glad I could help anyway! After making about 200 or so dials, I left and saw "You Don't Mess With the Zohan" with my old friend from Flagstaff, Max. The movie was the classic "I don't need any brain cells to watch this, and in fact, in watching this, I may have killed some off" Adam Sandler flick, but it was mildly amusing nonetheless. And it was good to see Max again. Afterwards, we met another friend of mine, Ryan for dinner and a couple drinks. Possibly the best night I've had back in Phoenix since graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment