01 April 2008

Baseball Season Is Here!

Yesterday marked Opening Day of baseball for the 2008 season for most of the teams in the majors except for the Red Sox, Athletics, Braves, and Nationals, which had played earlier in true MLB openers. But for my Diamondbacks, we brought the noise to kick-start a great season with a 4-2 win over the Cincinnati Reds, thanks in part to some absolutely spotless defense from 3B Mark Reynolds and 2B Orlando Hudson and three homers from CF Chris Young, PH Jeff Salazar, and LF Eric Byrnes. I mean, that's over half the team participating in the win right there. P Brandon Webb turned in 6.0 spotless innings of work allowing just 3 hits and 2 earned runs, striking out 6, but walking 4. It was the first of what I hope will be many, many victories this season! And of course, I got to score the game for my scorebook, even though I missed my class to watch all of the game. Tomorrow is game #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment