15 March 2009

Softball

Ah, I really did forget how much I enjoy PLAYING baseball/softball versus watching it be played. Granted, I'm slow, I can't hit for beans, and I'm not much of thrower, but it sure is fun! I played today with a bunch of people Travis knows after he had invited me last night. (Yes, I had my SPF50 sunscreen on so as to stave off a repeat of 2nd-degree burn-mania!) There ended up being about 40 people show up to play of watch, so we had something like 2 teams of 13 with a couple people sitting out each inning. I am proud to say I didn't completely suck, making one out and backing up a few others. I played shortstop and 10th man (rover). Despite my 0-for-3 at the plate (groundout 1-3, lineout 5, and groundout 6-3), we ended up scoring 15 runs, beating out our opponents by a single run. Actually, the game was quite close the whole way through. After 5 innings we were tied at 7, by the end of the 7th it was 13-9 for the other team. In the top of the 8th, we busted it up for 6 runs (no, I wasn't batting that inning!), for a score of 15-9. They answered back with 1 in the bottom of 8, but the ninth was scoreless for both teams so we were able to hold our lead! It's too bad it's getting warm out now, so there's not much playing time left unless it's early in the morning, but I am hopeful I will get to play in one more game before it starts climbing into the 90's!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys got to have fun! It was absolutely more fun to go grocery shopping with my wife, though. Aboslutely. :-D

    ReplyDelete