09 July 2009

Sedona Red and Sonoran Sand

So, does anyone else out there think I caused the DBacks meltdown today? I mean, I did change the color scheme of my blog to reflect the team's Sonoran Sand and Sedona Red colors.... Yeah, me neither *knocks on wood*. I don't believe in that superstition stuff *waves rabbit's foot over keyboard*. I'm not going to write much about this tonight because it was just that bad, but the Diamondbacks had a 7-0 lead over the Marlins going into the 6th inning, and over the course of the 6th, 7th, and 8th, we coughed it up BIG TIME. In the 8th inning especially, we used three pitchers - Gutierrez (0.0 innings, 2 hits, 3 ER, 1 BB), Schoeneweis (0.1 innings, 2 hits, 2 ER), and Boyer (1.2 innings, 4 hits, 5 runs, 2 ER, 1 BB) - had a passed ball by new catcher Luke Carlin, 2 errors, and gave up TEN runs, including a 3-run homer to RF Carroll. Kind of makes one sick to one's stomach. On the bright side, Upton did bust out of a slump, going 3-for-5 with a 2-run homer in the first inning.

1 comment:

  1. It's like something from J. Alfred Prufrock: "Do I dare change my blog color and possibly disturb the universe?" Considering their results tonight, perhaps you even helped and it just took them an extra amount of time to notice. Yeah...sure.

    ReplyDelete