11 July 2009

Baseball From the Miller Lite Diamond Club

Tonight was an extra fun night at the ballpark for several reasons. First, it was Chris Snyder bobblehead night, so I got me a bobblehead - #3 of 5 this year. Second, I went with Scott and my sister, which is always good times. Third, we got there in time for Marlins BP, so I had fun with that, even though I didn't catch anything. (Damn you Chris Coghlan, Burke Badenhop, and Chris Volstad of the Marlins for not throwing anything my way! Ha ha...!) Fourth, my friend Mark whom I met at Tempe Marketplace - he works for FSNAZ - had invited me to come check out the Miller Lite Diamond Club in right centerfield, so we got to hang out in there all night for free! Pics to come later when I'm not sleepy, but quick story: after BP, we had an hour to kill before first pitch, so I suggested we hang out at the Diamond Club instead of staying in our bleacher seats the whole time. When we got there, FSNAZ was finishing up filming the pre-game show with Todd Walsh and former DBacks' first baseman (and perennial fan favorite) Mark Grace! When he got unhooked from his microphone to run out to do the color analysis for the TV broadcast, I was able to get his autograph on the ball I'd brought with me (it was the foul ball I caught on June 23rd)! I couldn't believe that I was again in the right place at the right time to take advantage of that opportunity! So thanks Mark for letting us come and hang out with y'all this evening; we had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment