20 June 2009

San Diego

This week, I took a vacation with my mom and little sister out to La Jolla, California and just got back in Thursday evening. Four days of surf, sun, sand, and relaxing. It was glorious. Well, all except the nagging sunburn part, but that's simply annoying after-the-fact. Without giving the play-by-play yet since I don't have the photos ready yet to post along with the story, some of the things we did included relaxing by the beach (I read my books!), hunting for seashells for an art project for Sarah on the aptly named "Shell Beach," and watching a baseball game at PETCO Park on Tuesday (the Mariners beat the Padres 5-0, and there were a total of 5 hits from both teams in the game... very quick). I'll post more when I have pics to share. Last night, I went out to Tempe Marketplace again for the D-Backs' "Snake, Rattle, and Vote" All-Star balloting drive. For every 100 ballots a person filled out, they got 1 raffle ticket for some cool stuff, like a Stephen Drew auto'd jersey, a couple auto'd or game-used bats (Justin Upton being one), and auto'd baseballs, tickets, etc. I am proud to say I filled out the most ballots of any other person or group there: 1,200 in about 3 hours. And with my 12 raffle tickets, I won a Dan Haren autographed baseball, which I am about to go out and buy a case for from the sports card shop. So that was fun! It's getting to the point out there where the FS AZ crew knows me, and it's a lot of fun hanging out and talking baseball! More to come later with the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment