28 November 2008

Black Friday

It's the most... wonderful time... of the year. Black Friday! The one day a year when stampedes over the last XBox 360 at Wal-Mart which kill one employee and cause a woman to miscarry are more-or-less accepted by society. I mean, to save $29.99 on that must-have Christmas sweater, it's totally worth it to juke the security guards and bust down store doors! Not to say I've never done shopping on Black Friday, because I have: last year I won a $500 Visa gift card from Arizona Mills Mall on Black Friday from a drawing I entered at 6am. Then I went shopping in the mall for a bit, and nabbed some nice deals. But I have never seen anything so like a feeding frenzy before as this day! Good luck and Godspeed to those of you who are brave enough to attempt Wal-Mart today! In other news, my family totally forgot my birthday isn't until tomorrow. I woke up this morning and my dad and brother came into the den with a joyous "Happy birthday!" only to have me remind them that today is 11/28/2008, and my birthday is 11/29/2008. Needless to say, my dad now feels "old" and "forgetful." (Sorry Dad! Next time I'll just stay quiet and eat the cake!) Otherwise, I may or may not be suffering from an acute allergic attack at the moment due to the high amount of dust/pollen in the air, or I may just be getting a cold. Either way, it sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment