29 March 2008

Collection Agency

Well, I decided something this morning (it's 4am here). I like to collect stuff, and in the past I've been known to keep a collection of baseball cards, coins, rocks, puzzles, games, old or rare books, and so on. But, I've decided to go a different route for a while and see how much of this I can collect: the best Disney movies of all time. I used to watch Disney movies ever since I can remember. My mom even says I used to be quieter as a baby when she would put in the movie Pinocchio. So, because I was bored with nothing else to do, I researched all the Disney (or its affiliates) movies ever made, and compiled a list of the top 70 films I want for my movie collection. In no particular order: 1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves 2. Dumbo 3. Pinocchio 4. Alice in Wonderland 5. Peter Pan 6. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea 7. Lady and the Tramp 8. Old Yeller 9. Sleeping Beauty 10. 101 Dalmations 11. The Sword in the Stone 12. Mary Poppins 13. The Jungle Book 14. The Aristocats 15. Robin Hood 16. The Fox and the Hound 17. Beauty and the Beast 18. Aladdin 19. The Return of Jafar 20. The Lion King 21. The Lion King II: Simba's Pride 22. A Kid in King Arthur's Court 23. Pocahontas 24. Toy Story 25. Toy Story 2 26. I'll Be Home For Christmas 27. The Parent Trap 28. A Bug's Life 29. Mulan 30. Air Bud 31. Tarzan 32. My Favorite Martian 33. Remember the Titans 34. The Little Mermaid 35. A Goofy Movie 36. The Emperor's New Groove 37. Monsters, Inc. 38. Holes 39. Freaky Friday 40. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl 41. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest 42. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End 43. Over the Hedge 44. Finding Nemo 45. The Incredibles 46. National Treasure 47. National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets 48. Miracle 49. Sky High 50. Cars 51. The Santa Clause 52. The Santa Clause 2 53. Underdog 54. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe 55. Robots 56. Madagascar 57. Flubber 58. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids 59. Honey, I Blew Up the Kid 60. Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves 61. Homeward Bound 62. Homeward Bound 2 63. Hocus Pocus 64. Angels in the Outfield 65. Man of the House 66. James and the Giant Peach 67. The Rookie 68. Galaxy Quest 69. Jungle 2 Jungle 70. Mrs. Doubtfire Now, granted ALL of these may not be Disney films, but they are close enough to be counted among the best of the best. At present, I own only one of these (National Treasure), but my parents own somewhere around 1/3 of them. I want to make certain I have a good, healthy movie collection for my children someday (plus, I enjoy watching the older ones again - brings back memories). I'm sure I will add to this list as Disney/Pixar continues to produce great movies, like the upcoming "Wall-E." If anyone sees one I've missed on my list, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment