03 December 2008

VOTE FOR ME!

I am a winner! At least, that's what I hope I get to write on Tuesday Dec. 9th.... You see, MSNBC's Science department held a contest recently asking for the best geeky Christmas gift suggestions, and out of a vast amount of them, I was chosen as one of 15 finalists for the award - as voted on by the public! The winner in the voting as of 3pm EST on Monday, Dec. 8th will win their choice of five cool (and geeky, of course) prizes, like the "When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions DVD box set, awesome coffee-table space books, the biography of Albert Einstein, or "13 Things That Don't Make Sense" by Michael Brooks. The #1 voting winner gets first pick of the prizes, #2 gets second, and so on. So I'm pleading for your help, my friends and readers, to vote for my gift suggestion: a sweatshirt or t-shirt from www.XKCD.com, the "super hip science [comic] strip" according to Alan Boyle, the contest admin. To help me achieve my goal of becoming the ultimate geek, go to: http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/12/03/1697462.aspx and at the end of the article, click on "CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR THE TOP GEEK GIFT!" and vote for the "XKCD Sweatshirt option! If I win, I'll post about it on Tuesday the 9th, so check back then, and thanks a LOT for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment